Hard hitting cichlids

Fruju

Heya, was wondering what experiences people had with cichlids that really go for the food that aren't oscars or africans cichlids? I want something that is gonna feed aggressively in my tank, only one that does atm is a midas cichlid, how are salvinis? I occasionally do live feedings and want to make it a little more entertaining, bichirs don't exactly smash the food.

Try Chocolate :thup: nuthing else muchi could find so far from my experience but Midas,Oscars, Chocolate and Convicts in A. Cichlid world. Severum and JD are not as greedy as these four but slightly better than other species. the worset ones are Festae, GT and Jag. Festae =s are shy at all time and GTs and Jags are extremely picki.

Heya, was wondering what experiences people had with cichlids that really go for the food that aren't oscars or africans cichlids? I want something that is gonna feed aggressively in my tank, only one that does atm is a midas cichlid, how are salvinis? I occasionally do live feedings and want to make it a little more entertaining, bichirs don't exactly smash the food.

sound like you are enjoying the Midas alot Fraser :thup:

Try Chocolate :thup: nuthing else muchi could find so far from my experience but Midas,Oscars, Chocolate and Convicts in A. Cichlid world. Severum and JD are not as greedy as these four but slightly better than other species. the worset ones are Festae, GT and Jag. Festae =s are shy at all time and GTs and Jags are extremely picki.

GT really? Then I must have odd balls. My GT's are the most aggressive eaters in my tank and only at 3 inches and smaller than everyone else.

Had a salvini before and found it quite skitty.

GT really? Then I must have odd balls. My GT's are the most aggressive eaters in my tank and only at 3 inches and smaller than everyone else.

Had a salvini before and found it quite skitty.

GTs are OK with food when they are young and properbly because there is no other competitors in there with him. but you never know which day they will shut the mouth and hardly to see them eat again.