Home decorating...

I am trying to decorate a room with textured wallpaper ARGH!!!!! :facepalm: its driving me nuts :nilly:

NOTHING will stick to it. I have tried blue-tack, sticky tape rolled up into a circle, double sided sticky tape, masking tape, packing tape, electrical tape (as you can tell I have tried ALLLLLLL the tapes!). I have tried wiping down the walls just incase there is something on them, with warm water, warm water with cleaner in it, cold water, turps and meths......... does anyone have any other ideas?

Ive put a few things up on the walls with pins or tacks but I dont want to cover the wall with them or put holes in the pictures. Its not time to rip wallpaper down yet or paint, sticking things to the wall is just temp!

Help me please! :hail:

good idea but i dont need to hang like picture frame pictures. im putting things like photos (just the photos) postcards, foam shapes etc on my daughters walls. i cant have hooks or anything she can get off the wall!!

Sounds like you need...

143l-144l.jpg

I've got a bunch of years in painting and decorating and can just about guarantee the 3M hooks will rip the paper when you remove them. Also, they are unlikely to stick with any strength in the first place. Not that the hooks don't work, they just love a nice flat surface, not textured.

How heavy is the texture? (mm guesstimate)

What is the paper made out of? (i.e., does it feel rough, soft, brittle?)

Does the material have any sheen to it at all?

Has the room been used for anything odd in the past? (e.g. Kiln room, spa room, P-lab)

That looks like what I have on my walls. It used to be called Anaglypta but different brand name now. I have not tried to "stick" anything onto mine, just pins and nails. I do have one of those little peel the backing and stick-on hooks and it has stayed stuck for several years.

I know the stuff.

If Sellotape not sticking to it is not a good sign. You should be able to find flat patches that the 3M hooks will stick to but they are still likely to tear when you take them off. That type paper is quite absorbent, I wonder if it has been wiped down with some sort of cleaner before and it has left a residue.

If you're not so worried about damage to the paper you could experiment with some double-sided foam tapes you can get from hardware stores. Not sure of the names or brands but they look like: (whoa that's a big photo :P)

doublesided.JPG

If none of that is an option, what about a big pin board? They are light and would only require a couple of screws to keep them in place minimising wall damage. You can go for gold after that.