Brumating beardies, leopards and blue tongues?

emaytiti

When the ambient drops a bit more. I have usually gone down to 12-15 degrees C which would not be easy at the moment. They generally start slowing up and showing brumating signs when they are ready. At the moment I would concentrate on getting them into prime condition.

When the ambient drops a bit more. I have usually gone down to 12-15 degrees C which would not be easy at the moment. They generally start slowing up and showing brumating signs when they are ready. At the moment I would concentrate on getting them into prime condition.

Cool thanks for that. The leopards shouldn't be brumated if they are gravid right?

• 3 months later...

When it cools down (like now--actually freezing) and they are showing signs of slowing up I don't feed them for 2-3 days then lower the temperature to to about 14 deg and decrease the lights. Started this about a week ago with some leps but still have a beardie that I think wants to lay again so will wait for them.

• 1 month later...

Tortoises woke up 2 day ago and then decide that it was still too cold and went back to sleep ..

The beards did the same and the coastal are feeding well and very lively ..

The Leos did not do down and I have had the first one hatch today with more to go ..

All the birds are sitting on eggs or have babies ..so hope the season will be better than last year ..

Will just have to wait and see ....