Bowl concept

CodKing

Have had this in my head a while so thought I'd give it a crack. I think If I make it look pretty and have the ability to change the airstone and media, this would make a nice Whitecloud or betta tank.

Excuse the webcam quality.

PIC_12-03-05_08-32-45.jpg

PIC_12-03-05_08-33-19.jpg

PIC_12-03-05_08-34-12.jpg

PIC_12-03-05_08-38-10-1.jpg

I'm thinking some sort of concrete 'volcano' for the centre as it will sink and be heavy enough to hold in place.

A nice wooden base, a much higher quality bowl, perhaps a light... Lots of possibilities. I tihnk this will be a nice addition to my desk :)

Remove the bottle on the bottom and the airstone from the airline and it will make a brilliant brine shrimp hatchery :thup: :hail:

But otherwise yeah looks great. It does look a bit small for white clouds as they need a bit of space to dart around, but how about leopard fish? A bit smaller and much slower, and they don't really need much space at all.

On a more serious note... The bowl is awful quality so need to do some shopping for a better/bigger one.

Was thinking of getting one of those little lights that Organism sells and putting something plant like in there.

Stocking options I was thinking are:

WCMM

Betta

BB Gobys

I like your suggestions, shrimp would be pretty cool as would a Leopard Fish.

BB Gobies are brackish though? How many liters is the bowl?

Good point Squirt! I've got plenty of salt and a refractometer from my short-lived marine attempt. That and a bit of research, I'm sure a couple would do fine in there.

7.5L is a good water level in this. I doubt I will be putting anything in this particular bowl, once it's filled with water it looks all distorted and magnified. So with a better quality bowl I will also try for something a few litres bigger (and stronger).