February 25, 201214 yr comment_473988 I have got a male and female of these that I've put in a breeding tank. I think they are gold variety because most of the time the male is essentially yellow with spots. The female is a lovely shade of lemon. Just wondering is there an easy way to know for sure that they aren't gardneri blue? At times and in some light the male does have shades of pale blue or green in his top scales, almost like a scheeli but nowhere near as bright. thanks Report
March 3, 201214 yr comment_475101 That's because the majority do not have killifish but still look to see what you are asking Report
March 3, 201214 yr comment_475109 A bit confusing. Are you talking about Fundulopanchax gardneri yelllow compared to F. gardneri gardneri or F. nigerianus gold compared to blue aquarium strain? Report
March 3, 201214 yr Author comment_475113 bah, I don't know, they look alike to me the male is sick, have just posted some photos in the disease forum, that might help identify him :dunno: Report
March 4, 201214 yr comment_475152 Write on the back of your hand: Fundulopanchax nigerianus (gold) but unfortunately dead. Gardneri yellow has blue but more yellow than the blue (which has a little bit of yellow) Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.