Powerhead suggestions?

Faithbleed

Hi Guys,

Just wondering how I can work out the water movement requirements for marine tank?

1000w x 600d x 500h.

I've heard TUNZE are a good brand, would I need 2x of these?

http://www.hollywoodfishfarm.co.nz/detail/view/tunze-nanostream-6045/m/966/

(For aquariums from 100 to 500 litres Flow rate: 4,500 l/h)

not sure what requirements are for salties but that amount of water movement would make it like a washing machine i think. i have a tank that size and create good current just with the spraybar from the filter. I have a similar sized power head in my 2.0m tank and it is plenty so in a tank your size would be too much i think.

not sure what requirements are for salties but that amount of water movement would make it like a washing machine i think. i have a tank that size and create good current just with the spraybar from the filter. I have a similar sized power head in my 2.0m tank and it is plenty so in a tank your size would be too much i think.

People with freshwater tanks are way too used to tanks replicating stagnant ponds rather than an environment with currents. 50X turnover is a good target.

Hmmm, Just did a little research to find some average flows across reefs, not much luck but I did find one guy claiming he'd measured it at about 15cm/second.

So...That movement through a 1000X500X600 tank would be...Ummm...540X turnover per hour.