Coldie pics

puttputt

• 1 year later...

Some updates, Tank going very well, mature and happy. Lost 1 gurnard - jumped out of tank, funny things, as soon as the light goes off they swim to the top of the water and swim in the current, like they are off to the next feeding area - presume 1 tried a little too hard.

So, this is the anemone tank...One of the coral banded

sh1.jpg

Jewels spreading all over rockwork

jew4-1.jpg

jew3-1.jpg

jew2.jpg

jew1-1.jpg

happy Dalhia

dah1.jpg

White strip wall

ws.jpg

Shot around back of tank, showing the great life flourishing

back.jpg

and some nice top down pics

top4.jpg

top2.jpg

top3.jpg

top.jpg

and some where i've tried to show jewels splitting and spreading on the glass floor

splittingjew2.jpg

splittingjew.jpg

and one of the gurnard - wasn't in the mood to pose and hid around the back after this shot

gur1.jpg

Bad shot of the larger coral banded in main tank

s1.jpg

the saw shell

saw.jpg

main tank jewels

main.jpg

and a small vid of gurnard and stuff

th_P1040134.jpg

• 2 months later...
puttputt this is an absolutely stunning setup! I really want to do something similar with a real focus on nudis, I'd appreciate any tips!

Thanks Duchess, great to see another coldie joining the ranks. Ask away, happy to help, will check why you can't get through to the link LA posted, its a good site for marine coldie tanks.

Thanks! :D LA mentioned 300L (+sump) as a good starting point, would you agree with this? What sponges do you have and do they grow fast enough to support your nudi(s) or do you gather more to keep up?

When i hAd mine, i only collected small amounts so i need to get more. Try find buzzys coldwater thread and look at his sponge garden with nudis

• 1 month later...

Some pics I took yesterday, mainly of Bernard - who is an absolute stunning fish. i hand fed him now, along with the CB shrimp, as the gang of hoodlams (maomao, sweep, scorpian, lj) get to the food before it hits the bottom nowadays.

gur5.jpg

gur2.jpg

gur3.jpg

gur.jpg

shr.jpg

The weed in a growth splurt at the moment - spot the crested TF

weed2-2.jpg

weed-1.jpg

Stunning crested , 1 of a pair..

crested.jpg

lm.jpg

and this thing, this is what happens after you get that pretty little cling fish and wait 2 years - turn into 7cm of one of the ugliest fish i know.

cling.jpg

no, not a stargazer Jettin, - tried to rear a tiny stargazer given to me, barely out the planktonic stage, but couldn't get it eating enough.

Its a clingfish, cute when little, but have had a couple from the start of this tank, nearly 3yrs, and they are big and ugly now.

• 1 month later...