Marine IDs please

Caryl

the common names dont mean anything really they change from person to person place to place id call that a hammer coral too but im well aware others call it a frogspawn neither of us are wrong, i have a green candy cane its also known as a pineapple coral as i found out

in this thread

You think so? Parancoras look a little bit different at that size, I used to have a Paradivisia around that size and it looked exactly like it. I also had 2 types of torch/hammer/parancora frags. The tips do look similar at a distance, but I think if you look closer you'd see that the coloured tips are more broken up than they would be if it was a Parancora. The colouration is exactly the same as I remember my frogspawn too. Pictures off the net are alright to go by, but one Euphyllia can look very different depending on what it's doing, plump with all the polyps stretching out, retracted, inbetween, etc etc etc.

Not being stubborn or anything, but I believe that IS a Paradivisia. It looked just like mine did when the only thing lighting the tank was the light in the room.

Liveaquaria comparison

Euphyllia paradivisa

Euphyllia parancora

Paradivisa has far more visible "tips", more broken up too. I used to own this coralllllllll

Now I know why I had so much trouble identifying them myself! Thanks for the help guys.

So, if I remember correctly, the argument was regarding the stuff the fish is nestled into? What about the last pic with green things in it? I thought, at first, it was 2 different things but on closer inspection realise it is half open and half closed same entity.

Looks like a Parazoanthus or Zoanthus species. Not sure though...

Yeah, I'd go with Parazoanthus of some sort. Not too sure if it's fully described or not. There are a few sites giving it a full genus and species name but yeah. So so many species and variants in the Zoantharia order

This is my guess :)

DSC06078.jpg

Platygyra

DSC06079.jpg

Favites

Both are from the Faviidae family. There is also a 3rd similar one called a Favia - that is very similar to the Favites but the little 'circles' have their own coralite wall (the Favites share coralite walls). Platygyra have maze like shared walls. They are all commonly known as Brian Corals.

And what a lovely, healthy looking tank!