Most Commonly kept reptiles

Scaleyvet

I have seen a few posts asking about this and they have been told to search. I have searched and am still having trouble!

Basically I am studying for a vet exam that gives me an extra qualification in reptiles, amphibians and small mammals.

Part of the exam is husbandry of commonly kept species.

In my experience, the most commonly kept reptiles are beardies, leopard geckos, water dragons, red eared terrapins and a variety of native skinks and geckos. If I've missed any biggies please let me know!

Cheers guys,

Tara

HMMM do you want what is kept or what is commonly kept?

list is reaching it a bit if posts here are considered

I would suggets that

RES Reeves then Snake Necks in that order

Lepoard Geckos, Blue tounges and Bearded Dragons then Water Dragons first three may change places

Natives as per Herpt society and DOC grading lists

Would suggest any Tort in any speices is less commonly kept and if they are they are only just marginally more common that Green and chineses iggies

of course there are also Jap and chinese newts ( a Number of sub speices if colour morphs are to go by) and frogs of all three common species

hell if we are making a list Jacksons Chamealons as well

Nav

HMMM do you want what is kept or what is commonly kept?

list is reaching it a bit if posts here are considered

I would suggets that

RES Reeves then Snake Necks in that order

Lepoard Geckos, Blue tounges and Bearded Dragons then Water Dragons first three may change places

Natives as per Herpt society and DOC grading lists

Would suggest any Tort in any speices is less commonly kept and if they are they are only just marginally more common that Green and chineses iggies

of course there are also Jap and chinese newts ( a Number of sub speices if colour morphs are to go by) and frogs of all three common species

hell if we are making a list Jacksons Chamealons as well

Nav

chineses iggies ??? :dunno:

well I cant remember to be honest might have been chinese water dragons...or banded somethings

when all those iggies where in containment at AZG there were deffinately 2 types of animal in the enclosure one was a green iggie and the other the same only different...had bands...wish I could find my fotos...sorry for the vagueness but I am getting old

but then there have also been frilled lizards, lace monitors and 3 types of shingle backs here but who knows where they are now