Feeding different types of offal

Mikey

Morning all,

I have read alot on here about people feeding heart meat to their aquatic creatures... and was just wondering if there is any reason why you couldn't use other types of organs... such as liver and kidneys etc.

The reason I ask, is we have ended up with a ox Kidney in the fridge, and the cats are enjoying it.... im just wondering if it is safe to feed to the Koura I have got... I threw a couple of pieces in last night to see if they liked the taste... which they do... I'm just wondering if there is any reason not to feed them Kidney?

Once the kidney is gone I'll be getting heart for the Koura, so if the kidney is unsafe then they can just eat other stuff for now.

I did a search but couldn't really find any answer.

Cheers!

No, likely not a problem .. just alluding to the view that animals and fish should be fed their natural foods, and tinkering as was done by farmers led to the transmission of bovine spongiform encephalopathies to humans. I am annoyed that I was in the UK at the time, and ate at McDonalds :( Now, what was I saying??

Thanks for the replies...

So what I am interpreting from the above posts is that feeding kidney etc is ok... providing I take normal precautions, like removing any excess that is left behind when they finish eating so it doesn't pollute water.

Oh... and not eat the Koura in case I get mad cow or similar :slfg:

Being an aquarium organism I wouldn't even think about eating them.

Cheers.

Sold them to a wholesaler who onsold them to retailers all over the country. I was breeding 8 pairs of angels in those days (amongst other things) and there is no way the market would take them today. People must have wised up to them. The market now will swing towards those fish that the maf requirements will be hard on. An opening for someone.