Do mbuna sulk like Oscars when they move tanks?

Rob2904

I have just set up a new bigger tank for my mbuna and they all seem to be having a fat sulk, water seems ok, Ammonia, Nitrate, Nitrite are 0 the only diference is the Ph is a little higher than the last tank at about 8.8 or 9 from 8.4. All the fish seem to be very sulky, not getting crazy cichlid frenzy when I lift the lid to feed and just hiding out in the rocks. They has only been 2 days in their new home, is this normal? They are eating but the food has time to hit the bottom not like before.

They can be a bit skittish when moved, but I have found they usually settle within a day or. The crutial thing is the tank placement, if you place the tank somewhere with random sunlight angles or by doors or other blind corners where people always come into view suddenly they can get freaked out.

They can be a bit skittish when moved, but I have found they usually settle within a day or. The crutial thing is the tank placement, if you place the tank somewhere with random sunlight angles or by doors or other blind corners where people always come into view suddenly they can get freaked out.

They are in the same spot in my fishroom, but no backing on the tank yet so there is alot more light.

you do have a very high PH, how are you achieving that?

I have a kind of backing of home made rocks that are made with clay and cement, the cement shoots the ph right up. I used the same in the last tank they were in and at first it is up the 8.8 to 9 range but after a couple of weeks settles down at a steady 8.4. Its between the rocks that needs backing.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/Rob2904/Phone2012051.jpg

The rocks with algae are home made ones from the last tank so hope that algae will cover like that on the rest. I use home made rocks because I make the hollow or have the full of polystirine to reduce weight.