WTB: E-cat gun safe cheap 2nd hand - BOP /Shipping okay

emaytiti

Yes most ak actions are A-cats but it all depends on the stock of the rifle, wether it has a pistol grip or not is the main thing that makes it either an E-CAT or an A-CAT. Pistol grip means it is an E-CAT. But if you have the piece of metal the goes from the bottom of the pistol grip to the back of the stock then it becomes an A-CAT.

The police are trying to change the law again so if that does go through -

But if you have the piece of metal the goes from the bottom of the pistol grip to the back of the stock then it becomes an A-CAT.

They have caught onto that and trying to make all rifles like that calling the thumb hole stile E-CAT as well. My mate has his E-CAT and I've heard a bit about what the police are trying to push through.

Sorry a little :smot: but I heard the other day that there now trying to make it so you need a sort of license to get an air-rifle as well

Sorry a little :smot: but I heard the other day that there now trying to make it so you need a sort of license to get an air-rifle as well

Trying to? They did that over a year ago.

Now that they have air rifles out there with the power of a .22 it would make sense wouldn't it? Some of them are definately not toys.

There are air rifles with a hell of a lot more power than the average .22. There have been since the 1700s.

The police are trying to change the law again so if that does go through -

They have caught onto that and trying to make all rifles like that calling the thumb hole stile E-CAT as well. My mate has his E-CAT and I've heard a bit about what the police are trying to push through.

Yeah ive herd about that but didn't really know if it was happening.

Trying to? They did that over a year ago.

You can still go to a sport or gun shop and buy one over the counter if your over 18 with out a license. If the law passes then any air rifle over so much power (can't remember the measure) will need a class of license for. I found out about this through some one that is part of NZ Mountain Safety Council

You can still go to a sport or gun shop and buy one over the counter if your over 18 with out a license. If the law passes then any air rifle over so much power (can't remember the measure) will need a class of license for. I found out about this through some one that is part of NZ Mountain Safety Council

Not precharged pneumatics. Spring, CO2,etc are fine without a license, but you DO need one for PCPs.