i might pack my bags and move to oz

chilli

im so sick of not even living week to week but day to day,im over it

been looking for jobs in brisane, also thinking of what do i take over and what do i leave :o

and how to find good homes for all the pets

im taking the two dogs and 3 kids(children)

but need to find homes for beardies,waters,lorris,rabbits,chickens,and last the cats

huh this is hard

dont know when to start, was planing going over aug 2012

need to get my nz citizenship and a new passport first,

look into the dogs going over Do they need quarinten?

has anyone else went over for a new start but came back and why?

i want to make this work

Can I assume you immigrated to New Zealand for a better life?

If you've failed to make that life happen here what makes you think you'll find it in Australia? Where will you go if that fails? You're already in Paradise mate so do what you can to make it work here.

was brought over here kicking and screaming when i was 11 from glasgow then went back over there at 16 hated the city moved back at 18, been hear 10 years but the wages are crap hear and we live in te puke,kiwi fruit is dieing by the day and might not have a place for the hubbie to work next year,thought if were going to leave te puke my aswell leave country

the rent over there seems to be about $50 more a week (but houses better) and there seems to be more job options

the worst i see happening is it doesnt work out and i come back to te puke/bop

think will be easyer for me but the husband has only left (papamoa/te puke)once in his life to go to oz for holiday last year

(that my mother paid for lol)this is all he knows,we just have to get through this together and support each other

i know if we dont move over ,ever year i will be thinking of it and saying what if

so anyone interested in pair of beardies and tank etcetc was thinking $800 male and female havent laid yet this year but have done in past female approx 4 and male is hmmm 3

A lot depends on your qualifications. If you have the right qualifications and skills for the right job then you can do very well in Australia. If not, then you will be no better off. I know a number who are making big money but they have specific skills in specific trades. Others went, couldn't get work, and came back.

Have you looked for suitable work elsewhere in NZ? That way you can keep the animals.

partner got level 4 hort cert, and only on $16.50 been there for 8 yrs i can get a job working collecting eggs and moving chickens for $20 aus,with no qualifications

the only jobs i have worked in are zoos,petstores,kennals and horse trecking oh and subway for a few months but i havent even got school cert

im more hands on learn as i go(not good at learning thro reading)and like working with animals more then people even if it is just clean up crap

Moving country costs a lot of money, add up whatever the things you can definitely cost out, like how much rent you need in advance, cost of food, basic household items you couldn't bring, travelling to work for the first month or 2 etc etc, then add more for however many months you think is a generous contingency plan, and then add more for everything you haven't thought of. Unless you have access to someone who will lend you money that is, and then I envy you haha. But if you're living day to day it's difficult to save so you would likely be starting off your new life in debt.

I know the feeling though, I've moved house and city a number of times over the past few years and I'm still paying it off.

my mother was is oz,she went there paid all her dept of had hoildays to scotland and las vagas but came back6mths ago for us but she is now starting to stuggle again so she said she will go back over first and sort a house out (that takes dogs)then we will come over find work get house etc etc,she is taking a container over so will put basics in like kids beds,and the little good stuff we have, also i will do an IOU with her too she doesnt mind,i think i have made my mind up now and looking forward to the future,still hard to give the cats etc away thats going to be hard

Whilst the wages sound good compared to here, it would probably be best to get a job sorted over there before you shift. A friend has just been over to Melbourne to see here daughter and said the price of food over there has crept up over the last year and is horribly expensive.

Step Daughter went over to Queensland with her BF and could not find a job for months, she has a degree in Design, the BF managed to get a bunch of part time jobs working in the likes of Rentravision, because he had worked for them over here.

We got the 'Daaaad... can I have some money I need $1k to get my car fixed...' and stuff every now and then.

He started a degree in video when she finally got a job. They stayed over there for a few years but are back now and living in Auckland while BF finishes his second course at Media Design School, then they are looking at shifting to Wellywood. They came back because it was costing too much for his further education over there, and she ended up hating the place. Oh, and they bought their cats back with them, two spoilt Ragdolls.

I think Caryl has hit the nail on the head there are plenty of well paying jobs for qualified people or people with trades.. I know I have applied for a few jobs over there but I wont move unless I get very good money and/or a relocation package, there have been plenty of reports of people spending all their time/money/energy moving over there for a new start but being unable to find a job and having to come back with nothing to show for it and in worse shape than when they left. I think you will find the cost of living and how things work will be a bit different in Brisbane compared with Te Puke..

yeh i dont get home sick for a country just family and friends if my mum is in oz i wont have any family hear just friends and well its just the hubbie i need to help and surport he doesnt have much fami,y hear ether

but if i doesnt work out then it wont be eating at the back of my mined and if it does work out ill send photos of all the lizards we see

We moved to Sydney from Auckland 18 monthes ago, had job offer before we left and friends to stay with for a few monthes.I do the same job as i did in NZ and earn twice as much.We find cost of living cheaper ,ie petrol $1.40 per litre ,we shop at a supermarket called aldi so food cheaper than NZ too-So considerably better off. At first adjusting to the hustle and bustle and the summer heat was a bit of a shock(3 x +42 days in a row!) But we are settled in well now,and its an awesome place to live.ohh and the selection of fish over here is pretty impressive-I brought 7 x F1 tangs yesterday for $12 each))

My experience was you need money to start off but then if your willing to work hard and get into the job hunting then its way better than N.Z. Better Fish and Reptiles too...

Disagreement. You can't take Red Eared Sliders over there, when I'm older I think id have to move to England or the US.