plec query

Jammos

Oh ok. I was told that if you have a tiny tank and say put angels in it they would stop at a certian size. Then after a couple of years if you transfered them into a huge tank they then would start growing til full size.

I know it sounds silly but I thought i would ask

• 3 months later...

I had goldfish in a small tank for about 6 months and don't think they grew at all, but when i got a bigger tropical tank i stuck the goldfish in with the tropicals. Since then the goldfish have growen heeps.

warm water speeds up a goldfish's metabolism, therefore they grow a lot faster. the downside is they also die earlier.

And Jammos, plecos will keep growing, slowly but surely. How are the new caves?

plecs

What sort of pleco's are you keeping?

Pleco's don't need to be able to trun around in their caves, in fact they like it much better if the cave is a tight fit (The ideal measurments of a pleco cave is.... 1.5x the length of the SL of the male, height is just slightly taller the the male with a small amount of space for the dorsal fin, and width is the width of the males body plus 1/2 to 1 times the width of a pectoral fin - this info fromthis link on PC.).

hope this helps....

Cheers, CatBrat.

Cool! Im keeping a pair of these guys too :D. For info check out the Cat-e-log on Planet Catfish (Matto Grosso Ancistrus, LDA08, Ancistrus claro), and also in the Ancistrine Species Resource (I think thats what it's called), which is also on PC. There is heaps of info on PC about spawning pleco species on PC. Look for the spawning tips for any Ancistrus spp. and use them for your guys.

Cheers, CatBrat.