New kitten (sick)

blueether

Well, just went down to the shops to get food etc and when I get home SWMBO has found a kitten. so so skinny :tears:

I hope it will be OK, looks like it's eyesight is poor or gone. Does anyone know if this could be form malnourishment?

We cant keep it if blind as we are on a main road. I think it will have to go the the spca/vets to be put down. &c:ry

[Edit] Pupils are fixed and fully dilated, but it looks to be be able to see some contrast, if that helps

Bind cats are pretty smart if they can hear OK, I don't think it should necessarily mean the end of Kitty if you want to nurse it to health and keep it. My dad had a cat that was blind and half deaf and she got around ok, went outside etc. Poor kitty though :tears:

No sings of cat flu (eyes are clear/no discharge), although the breathing looks slightly laboured. I dont think it hearing is that good either.[Edit] the mrs thinks it is deaf :(

I really think it was on it's last legs, time will tell I guess. It's had 1/2 a pouch of food and some milk but I dont want to give it too much.

Malnourishment often causes eye problems
Thought it did

I was going to say it sounds like the sniffles to me. We had a friend years ago that had a white cat that was from memory, blind AND deaf, or at least one of the two and they said she was fine... they just had to watch that she didn't go on the road/get hit by a car. Could always be an indoor cat, as long as the owners are happy with having a litter tray inside the house.

I hope poor kitty will be ok.