how do they dry fish food when making it...

henward

thought of something just now... god knows how and why lol

but how do they dry fish food, do they cook it in the oven or dehydrator?

... i know they make it sink or float by density, but drying. pellets are not freeze dried.... i assume it starts of wet, then turned into granules, and dried?

anyways, saw a programe on how they m ake matches, interesting stuff! so yeah, curious lol

We were given a very interesting talk and video from the Masterpet guy from Australia. It showed how they make the fish food (virtually no human involved in production - not in the food either :wink: ). I can't remember much about it though (thank you drugs :( ). Can someone else remember the method? I think they were large kilns.

thought of something just now... god knows how and why lol

but how do they dry fish food, do they cook it in the oven or dehydrator?

... i know they make it sink or float by density, but drying. pellets are not freeze dried.... i assume it starts of wet, then turned into granules, and dried?

anyways, saw a programe on how they m ake matches, interesting stuff! so yeah, curious lol

The ingredients usually have a relatively narrow moisture range, usually pretty dry. No more moisture than necessary for them to stick together. When it goes through the pellet machine and compressed into pellets it heats up quite a bit which causes a lot more of the moisture to evaporate out.

pellet-making-machine-pellet-machine-feed-pellet-making-machine.jpg

coo machine, can make human feed too:D efficient feed.

yeah, cooking can destroy goodies right?

It's not really cooking. It just gets hot and not for that long depending on how big of piles they put it in. I suppose if you have one producing thousands of KG/day and dump it into a big pile it would take hours or days to cool off.