New meber New tank

hyjinx

Helo all i just joined the fourum

just seup my new / old tank that was stored in the garrage for to long just set it up today and will wait till i can add some new fish i put some of that bacteria stuff in to give it a kick along and the external canister filter has been running on a small tank for a few weeks with some old filter wool (with a bit offish poo etc in it) while i was waiting to setup big tank.

untitled.jpg

what is the bet way to have the fiilter setup water spraying across top or facing down more ?

the tank is probably a total of 360 or about 320 liters after including all the gravel and the wood etc any idears on stocking rate for the tank when fully established ? eg adding fish slowly to get to about that level if wanted

i was thinking of trying:

4-6 small discus (to grow)

4-6 anglefish

4 longfin bristlenoses

mabe a few gupies 7 males

4 blue rams

a fighter

if any dont fit in the community its no prob to get them into another suitable tank or tanks

Hi and welcome. :wave:

Are you sure about how many litres it holds? 360L+ is a large tank but it does not look that big in the pic. What are the dimensions?

If you aim the filter bar so it is creating a ripple on the surface (without being noisy) would be good.

I am not sure putting angels and discus in the same tank is a good idea. Also, Bettas are better (no pun intended) in a much smaller tank. If you want a fighter, set him up on his own in a small tank