Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Microscopes - advice please?

Featured Replies

I'm looking at purchasing a microscope. The usb one (Digimicro) just doesn't cut it.

I want one I can mount my Canon 550D to ...

Any advice, like where to purchase, what to look for etc, would be greatly appreciated :hail:

  • Author

anybody? anything ...... :D

purchased one of tm before? ... let us know ...

choice on tm ....

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Antiques-collectables/Clocks-scientific-instruments/auction-401493795.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Antiques-collectables/Clocks-scientific-instruments/auction-400578362.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=400121452 > konus college one is extremely cheap overseas.

then theres amscope like this http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=399529905

amscope seem to have a bad wrap when it comes to customer service. but they are having a huge sale (52% off) at the moment, not to keen on purchasing off shore though so :dunno:

http://store.amscope.com/t490b.html

If it were me, I would get the second one although, it isn't a brand that I recognise, so it could be taking a chance. The trinocular one is interesting, especially if you aren't sure you know what you are looking at and you want to take photos of the slide.

You might also try contacting a university, they often have a surplus storeroom where they sell off things for cheap. If they don't you could try contacting someone to find out who services them in your area, good deals can be found that way.

If you want, I can send you a handy thing about using a microscope, that will help considerably to prolong the life of your scope. :wink:

  • Author
If it were me, I would get the second one although, it isn't a brand that I recognise, so it could be taking a chance. The trinocular one is interesting, especially if you aren't sure you know what you are looking at and you want to take photos of the slide.

You might also try contacting a university, they often have a surplus storeroom where they sell off things for cheap. If they don't you could try contacting someone to find out who services them in your area, good deals can be found that way.

If you want, I can send you a handy thing about using a microscope, that will help considerably to prolong the life of your scope. :wink:

Thats it, I'm a bit weary about the unknown brands.

Thank you for your advice, may contact a uni.

Yes please, any 'handy things' accepted here :lol:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.