Multiboard breaker clicking - ideas

henward

It dfoes nto happen often at all, but has happened twice in 3 years.

Now its only a matter of time that this happens WHILE i am away. could be a nightmare.

i know its an over load thing, so i moved my heaters to a different plug.

but is there amultiplug out there that when switched off, will automatically flick back on after 1 or a couple hours? if so roughly how much?

heaters are all very new relatively new.

this happens when the multiboard is overlaoded right? i have seen this when i put in a oil heater in the house in a multiblard, doesnt like it and flicks.

I loved the heaters around and thinned out so instead of 4x 300w jagers in one multi, i just have 2 now, may even spread it out even further to 2 on each multiblard.

everything else is small in load.

This is usually because the multi board is overloaded.. Have you worked out the total wattage of the items connected to it? You should be able to go upto 2300W off one multi board, but that is pretty dodgy and I would hate to see what one of those multi boards would do if it was flowing 9A through it constantly and not blowing..

Also bear in mind while you may move some onto another board if the board was blowing because it was overloaded then it runs the risk of blowing the house protection as well as that is usually 10A, so you will need to look at moving some onto another outlet that is protected by another fuse or CB.

Failing that maybe your multi board is just worn out or cheap and nasty..

I have an HPM timer that rattles quietly too, its rated for much more than i have plugged into it (30w t8 light).

Personally I would recommend PDL switch gear, alot better quality than HPM

7034589_-_HPM_TIMER.jpg

One of these? Of course it's going to rattle quietly, it's got gears and cogs and all that cool clockwork stuff ticking away inside it.:)