misconduct or serious misconduct

pufferfishnz

Hi all! the outcome from the meeting was a list of about 6 things that needed to be fix or attended to ranging from:

- not banking $10 in cash, leaving it in safe for a week.

- not charging for photocopying at the end of 1 month (but its all on file so it can be charged at any time)

- not using the correct forms for taking down phone messages or credit card details (both of these forms are too small to get lots of info on)

- credit card refund that had to be passed onto a ticketing company, but wasnt completed even though they had all the correct information (this is her fault how???)

there were some others but i cant rememeber them now.

She was given a verbal warning, and was requested to think of how she can fix these things in the future.

Right, so all of this happened about a month ago, and shes adhered to all her new things that have to be fixed only to be told yesterday that she has to attend ANOTHER meeting.

This time the things include:

- not putting a file in correct folder on computer (but it could still be accessed by all who needed to see it)

- passing on a job to someone who was supposed to be dealing with it (was to do with writing cheques etc, and she doesnt do that), they didnt do anything about it, and she gets in trouble!

- no doing petty cash at the end of the month (there was none to tally up)

She was told there was another meeting, bring a support person. She hasnt been given a time or date, or who it to be present. No written request for this meeting has been received by her.

And she still hasnt been given a written copy of her verbal warning.

Does anyone else think all of the above "sins" are just a little silly?? :nilly:

This is when it is a good time to belong to a union. It sounds like a personality clash and management are trying to set it up for a justified dismissal. I think if it was me I would suggest they give me 10k as a comensatory payment (no tax) and I will walk. It is not much fun working for a place that wants to get rid of you.