Eheim 2075 Priming problem

Zdoda

So just bought myself a new Eheim 2075 for my planted tank, and after many many many re-readings of the manual and trying to fiddle with the blasted thing, i can't seem to get it to prime for the first time.

Is there something in the manual that is missing, because between my fx5 and sunsun canisters, this is painful :(

any help be awesome sauce :D

yeah prime button i don't know wth is with it but doesn't work right, upon browsing net found a guy who suggested one does

1. empty all water from canister.

2. put intake into tank

3. suck on return to start the siphon

4. plug filter in when it is full of water

and worked a charm, but what a weird problem, seems to be a come on problem though. oh well at least its nice and quiet and now i can see how good eheims really are :thup:

yeah prime button i don't know wth is with it but doesn't work right, upon browsing net found a guy who suggested one does

1. empty all water from canister.

2. put intake into tank

3. suck on return to start the siphon

4. plug filter in when it is full of water

and worked a charm, but what a weird problem, seems to be a come on problem though. oh well at least its nice and quiet and now i can see how good eheims really are :thup:

That's pretty much the process for every cannister. I've never run into one with a "Priming button" or pump or whatever that actually worked. But the above process, with maybe a few shakes to clear bubbles out of the pump works every time.

That's pretty much the process for every cannister. I've never run into one with a "Priming button" or pump or whatever that actually worked. But the above process, with maybe a few shakes to clear bubbles out of the pump works every time.

My eheim auto primes :smln: