July 31, 201115 yr comment_448983 Ok guys who knows the answer to this question> The major cations in freshwaters include: a. Ca2+, Mg2+, Na+, K+ b. HCO3-, Cl-, SO4-2, NO3- c. Fe3+, Mn3+, Cu3+ d. CO2, O2, H2S, N2O Report
July 31, 201115 yr comment_448988 A cation is + so that eliminates b and d. The correct answer is a, but you are missing NH4+ and of-course H+. Report
July 31, 201115 yr comment_448989 looks to my like the answer should be a) answer b) obviously wrong as they're anions answer d) obviously wrong as they're not ions answer c) are cations, but more likely to precipitate out as a solid compared to those for answer a), also those for c) aren't as likely to be major components /edit dammit - phoenix44 posted while I was typing my answer /edit hmmm jc254's email address is a Waikato Uni one, I hope we're not doing your chem homework for you Report
July 31, 201115 yr comment_448995 /edit hmmm jc254's email address is a Waikato Uni one, I hope we're not doing your chem homework for you Most likely :slfg: Report
July 31, 201115 yr Author comment_449001 I thought so too but couldn't put my finger on it. Its a freshwater paper i do, really interesting to see how diverse and different NZ is compared to overseas examples... Nah I did attend Waikato Uni but now go to CHCH as it has a much better science program. Stay tuned for future questions haha Report
August 1, 201115 yr comment_449108 haha, are you doing biol 375? - I was doing this quiz on sunday night... Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.