Boy Guppie died during water change?

BomB191

Did my first water change this morning all 4 of them were fine. and i went to feed them just now and one of the boys were floating in the java weed :tears: :tears:

would the water change do this or the spike in water temp? (I tried to make it close to tank temp)

the other 3 seem to be fine at the moment

Did my first water change this morning all 4 of them were fine. and i went to feed them just now and one of the boys were floating in the java weed :tears: :tears:

would the water change do this or the spike in water temp? (I tried to make it close to tank temp)

the other 3 seem to be fine at the moment

Maybe. Probably could have been too much of a shock for him. Guppies die if you happen to use the wrong tone of voice as you walk past the tank.

Guppies die if you happen to use the wrong tone of voice as you walk past the tank.

:slfg:

I think there mature (total breeding noob here)

the other 3 still seem happy my temps currently at 24c but from what I have been reading is 26c better? for breeding etc just wondering

Honestly, I've seen some pretty weird things - an adult (apparently healthy) black widow tetra that I was watching just stopped and floated to the bottom. dead. :facepalm: So, I wouldn't go blaming yourself in that sense, fish keeping can sometimes just be a real pain.

Im not was just kinda sad about it thinking "oh no noob fail i killed my fishy"

The other 3 are happy as so he might have been gone to begin with

Honestly, I've seen some pretty weird things - an adult (apparently healthy) black widow tetra that I was watching just stopped and floated to the bottom. dead. :facepalm: So, I wouldn't go blaming yourself in that sense, fish keeping can sometimes just be a real pain.

That would be a big W T F moment

Im not was just kinda sad about it thinking "oh no noob fail i killed my fishy"

The other 3 are happy as so he might have been gone to begin with

That would be a big W T F moment

I had a healthy looking big common plec, I was watching him swim around a little then he stuck to the glass front of the tank. Stuck there for a minute then let a massive shower of bubbles out of his mouth, his stomach caved in, he slid backwards down the glass until his tank hit. Tipped over on his back and never moved again. Dead.