Inline Water Pump???

POWER77

Ok ive got abit of a problem :( ... I have just brought a 750L water tank off trademe to hold water to treat for water changes for three 240L and one 200L tanks. Now because the tanks are on high stands i have to find a way to pump the water to the tanks :facepalm:. So does anyone have any suggestions on any good inline water pumps? or another solution to the problem? (a relatively cheap solution haha)

Any advice is greatly appreciated :) and im due for next water change in about 3 days so need to try find a pump ASAP. thanks.

Ok ive got abit of a problem :( ... I have just brought a 750L water tank off trademe to hold water to treat for water changes for three 240L and one 200L tanks. Now because the tanks are on high stands i have to find a way to pump the water to the tanks :facepalm:. So does anyone have any suggestions on any good inline water pumps? or another solution to the problem? (a relatively cheap solution haha)

Any advice is greatly appreciated :) and im due for next water change in about 3 days so need to try find a pump ASAP. thanks.

Pond pump, jam a hose onto the outlet or rig up an adapter with fittings from the hardware store. You don't need an inline pump. Just drop the pump into the container.

Yeah I just use a "normal" cheapo pump with a length of clear hose on the end. One thing to consider is the height from the pump sitting on the bottom of the barrel to the top of the tank. You may want to build it up on cinder blocks or something to decrease the head height for the pump.

IMO this is one of the few times where I opted for a cheap brand of pump. Reliability isn't really an issue like it is with a sump pump, and its only going to be running for an hour or so a week so you might as well go for something cheap and grunty. Just make sure its got a long cord (as most pond pumps do).