frontosa survived!!

callum

checked the fish after i got home after school and found that my tank full of front fry and juveniles was down to 17deg in water temp.

i was so amazed that they wer still behaving the same and i had not lost any.

close call

I've had that happen multiple times, never a loss.:)

In fact, right now I'm trying to figure out if my stockpile if heaters actually has any that work properly. I've disassembled one that doesn't heat, it's sitting in my lap right now. A jager. There's a wire going up the middle of the heater that, if it was ever insulated, appears to have burned off all the insulation and then corroded into a pile of black powder in the bottom of the heater. Looks in perfect shape from the outside though.

Frontosa are awesome! I shipped a 20cm male from Bulls to Auckland and did a Saturday delivery.. The fish got lost and not delivered on the Sat and didn't show till Monday morning, I had prepared the guy for a dead arrival but sure enough the fish was alive and sweet as.. Kinda makes sense that a frontosa would be ok in colder temps they are deep water fish and it can be cooler deeper in the lake..