Fry will I know when they have hatched

Sezza

1st time breeder here, just removed mum, as she was getting a beat down. Thinking, Hoping, preying she's laid, have a wonderful bubble nest.

Just wondering will I know when eggs have hatched, are the fry visible to the naked eye, I've been Googling, and think I will with the info I got. But someone in know who set my mind at ease.

Also when is the best time to move dad, some pages I've read says after 3wks, others say as soon as fry is visible. A little confusing for a new-be.

Thanks so much in advance.

A difficult one to breed for a first timer.. The fry will look like a 1mm blob with a piece of hair sticking out of it, very hard to spot even when they are right in front of you and you know what you are looking for.. Sometimes you can have more luck using a torch and shining it from above or just watching really closely..

Gr8 thanks.

Whens the ideal time to remove dad?

I inherited them when sil got sick of her tropical tank, she doesn't know much about breeding, and I thought I'd give it a go and see how I go. So far so good. But time will tell. :D

remove the male when the fry are free swimming - 3 to 5 days. The male will mouth the eggs until they hatch keeping them free of fungus. He will then fuss around collecting fry that have fallen out of the nest and putting them back until they are old enough to swim horizontally most of the time. After this time he will either continue to care for them, or eat them depending on how hungry he is and what his nature is like.