Any computer geniusses out here?

mcrudd

http://www.megic.1go.dk/dontclickeng.htm

DO NOT CLICK THE ABOVE LINK UNLESS YOU WANNA GET SUPER IRRITATED.

But the person that made it said that a computer geniuss will be able to stop it. I was unable to, except for when I used task manager to close the page. What it does is give you a gazillion pop ups and all you can do is click ok, you can't close it or anything until you clicked through all 100 of the errors :o So I read somewhere else that you can stop it with a demand, but have no idea what it might be, any computer geniusses out there that can beat this irritating link :facepalm:

I just hold down the enter key hah. Usually have a heap of tabs open and don't really want to spend time reopening them.

Could get technical about it. Say you're using firefox, pressing ctrl+alt+delete then opening the task manager is the first step. Next change to the processes tab, if I was using firefox I would see firefox.exe etc (could be iexplore.exe depends on what browser you're using.) Simply click the process and press the delete button. May come up asking you if you're sure you want to end the process just click "End Process" and voila. Of course this will exit any other tabs/windows you might have open. But you'll be free of the website

Last time I checked for updates was when I reformatted my PC about a year or so ago. So I must be using an older version. Did you just click close on the tab/popup/ or entire window?

Firefox 4 I'm using, Firefox 5 is only out in beta version at the moment.

I can just close the tab or click 'back' to return to the previous page if I don't open it in a new tab.

The page doesn't open as a pop up, it comes up as a new tab.

However, my browser doesn't allow pop-ups because of how I have its settings.

Firefox 4 I'm using, Firefox 5 is only out in beta version at the moment.

I can just close the tab or click 'back' to return to the previous page if I don't open it in a new tab.

The page doesn't open as a pop up, it comes up as a new tab.

However, my browser doesn't allow pop-ups because of how I have its settings.

Yeah, I thought something had to be different for you to be able to close it in such a way. It must be the browser version.