Bichir lost an eye, what to do?

REEVESTA

Woke up this morning and checked on the fish, noticed the smaller albino sen has lost an eye

hes in with

-x2 port hoplos

-another larger albino sen probably 15cm (the other is only 5-7cm)

-large bgk

-ck

-fire eel

-long fined apolo shark

-and a Geo altifrons

I think this bichir is badly stunted (he hasn't grown in a year since I got him :roey: ) and always has problems eating too much

Should I move him to the comunity tank or will he be fine staying where he is? :dunno:

If it happened overnight I would bet its the CK. I did not have that problem when I had mine with my bichirs but they are agressive to an extent. If it happened during the day I would say the geo, but its unlikely.

Put salt in the water (epsom), then maybe isolate it if you can, water changes. The fish will be fine without an eye, just make sure healing process is smooth.

Albino bichirs are nearly always stunted. Biggest I have seen is henwards which is 20cmish. Apparently LA had one of a fair size too.

If it happened overnight I would bet its the CK. I did not have that problem when I had mine with my bichirs but they are agressive to an extent. If it happened during the day I would say the geo, but its unlikely.

Put salt in the water (epsom), then maybe isolate it if you can, water changes. The fish will be fine without an eye, just make sure healing process is smooth.

Albino bichirs are nearly always stunted. Biggest I have seen is henwards which is 20cmish. Apparently LA had one of a fair size too.

Ok thanks for the help :hail: