Worst Day Ever!!!

CatBrat

I woke up this morning to find my main 4 foot tank completely empty, and all my fish sitting on top of my gravel!!! This was made worse because I had only just moved all my pleco's (apart from a large pair of Bristle-nose's) into that tank while I waited to sort out my new stand (12' long x 2.5'wide with 3 shelves). What had happened was that the center brace had popped off which in-turn caused the front edge to pull away from the side.

So far I have lost....

3x 9cm Clown Loach's

1x 6cm Clown Pleco

1x 6cm Matto Grosso Ancistrus

1x 6cm Queen Arabesque Pleco

1x 17cm Feather-fin Syno

4x Glass Catfish

1x 13cm Elephant-nose

5x Pristilla Tetra's

and 1x 300watt Heater

I'm not sure if my other fish will make it as they are all covered in a 'peeling' white slime, which does not look healthy, and they are very stressed!

Will post some pic's later....

Cheers, CatBrat.

Thanks for your thoughts guys :):hail:

The survivors so far are:

2x Port Hoplo Cats

1x Yellow Black-eyed Bristle-nose

2x Crocodile Whiptail

1x Clown Loach

1x Butterfly Pleco

1x Polka-dot Syno

1x Clown Pleco

1x Common Bristle-nose

At least some of them are alright.

Cheers, CatBrat.

Haha Mystic, I'm not selling my Polka-dot Syno (well not in the near future anyway).

They were in a 4 foot tank. I know is was overcrowded, but most of them were only ment to be in there for about a week, until I build my stand and then move them into to species/breeding tanks!

Cheers, CatBrat.

Bummer mate :cry:

Hey I have found a good home for a couple of my fish now!

I dont know if you have seen my posts about my Plecosomus who is good at ripping out my plants. Its only a plain one - gold spot?? About 15-20cm long. When you get your tank sorted out he's yours if you want it. I also aquired 5 catfish just before christmas, Ansistrus (sp) I think. One Is a pretty big male (6-8 cms) and the others get progressivly smaller. You can have the big one and a couple of the smaller ones if you want? I will be getting some otto's and SAE's but wanted to reduce the load a bit before adding any more fish.

JOhn