what can i put in with a trio of peacocks

dragonz1833

I agree more females would be good.. Not many other options in a tank that small though, maybe yellows and jullies maybe shellies. What sort of peacocks do you have? Different types get to different sizes and have different temperaments etc. Dems would be ok short term but will outgrow the tank..

oh ok they are just sunshine peacocks if i add more females wouldnt they end up just eating each others babys though??

What is the scientific name of the peacocks you have?

And you will need to strip them if you want a reasonable amount of fry to survive, usually 2-3 weeks after they first start holding..

20-24 days is supposed to be best ,if you don't strip them you will have next to no fry survive so you might as well not be breeding them

you'll get less fry if you do it at that many days, i have found 17 to 19 days is best.

as the fry grow they take up too much room inside the bucal cavity & either get spat out or eaten, i usually strip at 16 days or less & put the fry with egg sacks into a net for a week.

Yeah I usually do the same :) But really depends on when they breed and when I have time to get in pull tanks down to catch and strip them.