Arowana tankmates??

reptilez

in order of probablity of success

black, silver, green then jardinii.

jar is agro, its a lucky dip. i would say jar may kill your pink tails.

i say black and silver is the best candidates.

i hear green ca be a bit agro - and still wild in nature.

in order of probablity of success

black, silver, green then jardinii.

jar is agro, its a lucky dip. i would say jar may kill your pink tails.

i say black and silver is the best candidates.

i hear green ca be a bit agro - and still wild in nature.

Thanks heaps....might loo into getting a black once they come in again

To be honest, I think it's really up to the individual fish. I've seen so many videos on youtube of greens and jars coexisting with smaller tankmates, but my green won't have any of it lol. I've also heard stories of very vicious silvers, even though most would say that they are the most calm. Follow Henward's order of aggressiveness for a guide, but just make sure you have a Plan B before adding any tankmates. There's no point having tankmates with the aro if they are just gonna be constantly harassed and stressed. But I think that getting all the fish small and letting them grow up together has been successful for some people, so that might be an option?

Would it work if i put a small aro with the big fish?

Or is it better to just get a big fish ??

Small aro with big fish is a risk because they might bully the aro, or get most of the food. Remember also that young aros are very skittish, so having bigger tankmates constantly around it might cause it to freak out and jump or just be under constant stress. Then again, getting a big fish would mean that the tankmates are at risk. I think the best option would be to get all the fish when they're young. Besides, half the fun of owning an aro is watching it grow lol!

Oscar will SMASH a small aro, better to have slightly bigger aro IMO. Jardini however will hold its own quite well against something of a similar size at about 4inches. Kept my old one with a festae, constant stand offs, but no harm done until about 20cmish.

Your tank will not be big enough with all those other fish in there.

1.5 reds are not worth buying IMO. just get a green or silver or black.

get them when bigger.

your oscar WILL kill any small fish.

that oscar i sold you was a war veteran, it had to be tough to put up with the rtg.

it was in my tank to ensure the rtgs attention was diverted away from the others and only harassed the oscar.

that oscar is a mean machine!!

get a large fish to begin with, then you will be ok.

yeah i want that tank !drool: !drool: , just not aloud &c:ry :tears: , i want an aro but i want a tank atleast 1200l so might just wait an save up for that 1500l tank :slfg:

Yeah, me too. Aros will have to wait.

Greens are nice, wish I had seen David's green in person. Didn't think much of the greens in bird barn recently, stunted and poor shape. I would go green aro before anything else I think, but my interest in silvers was rekindled, they are nice fish if kept in pristine condition with minimal drop eye.

fishybness:

that picture you have is worth about 7000 to 8000!! as a baby!1

the beauty about gold aros is that their colour is more GUARANTEED than reds!

and also you dont need much in terms of lighting to make them shine, good lighting is key of course to enhance the shine, but they are must easier to attain than reds from what i have read and heard.

I AM UNSURE..... BUT DID I MENTION I HAVE A LARGE TANK FOR SALE...

ITS IN GOOD CONDITION, AND VERY VERY CHEAP!! I MEAN THIS DEAL.... INSANITY!!!! :happy1:

:bounce:

BUY MY TANK!! BUY IT!!

hahaha i want bigger :facepalm: :thup:

fishybness:

that picture you have is worth about 7000 to 8000!! as a baby!1

the beauty about gold aros is that their colour is more GUARANTEED than reds!

and also you dont need much in terms of lighting to make them shine, good lighting is key of course to enhance the shine, but they are must easier to attain than reds from what i have read and heard.

yeah i no, but if im only guna have one fish tank i want a realy nice fish and a massive tank

dont get me wrong, i am not saying you wont buy it, im just saying how much it costs:D

i want one too.

a high grade gold

but actually would love an albino more!

but no one imports albino arowanas

even albino and pink black ghost knives, dont undersatnd, its relatively easy to find overseas!