Moyas 460L setup

Moya

Hey guys! So I thought I'd do a thread for pictures as I setup my new 460L and begin the planting. First some specs.

143.5cm long

55cm wide

65cm high

The length dimension is a bit of a strange one because It was made to fit an unusually sized stand I and a friend made. The stand itself is steel, with extra 2 by 4 wood bracing, and marine ply on the top, back and sides. This has all been painted black. Its a pretty short stand (53cm high) but should make if a perfect height for viewing from the couch. Over the next few weeks I'm going to sort out the front panel for the stand, which will be a single piece of ply that will be velcroed on to the front for easy access to external filters etc. Hood also needs to be constructed too, once i feel a bit richer.

This is going to be a planted tank, so lighting is two 4' GLO t5's I already have, as well as possibly a 3' GLO t5 from another tank and then a t8 for night lighting. The tank is quite deep, so I know im going to struggle to have any real success on growing carpeting plants on the bottom, but im going to give it a whirl and see what happens. For filtration Im throwing a couple of external eheims on it for the moment, a 2224 and a 2213.

My discus are going in this one, 7 in total, along with my clown loaches and then some tetras and other filler fish. Possibly male espei rasboras? Or maybe just cardinals.

I picked up the tank today from Greg Kingston (thanks Greg!) and with the help of 3 others got it out the back into my room, ready and waiting on its stand for next weekend, when I will start all the real work on setting it up.

But anyway! Here it is.

fullshotjo.jpg

fullshotv.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm super excited to be stocking it. For the planting mostly to tell you the truth!

As to the liters, 460L was worked out taking into consideration the 12mm glass thickness.

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm super excited to be stocking it. For the planting mostly to tell you the truth!

As to the liters, 460L was worked out taking into consideration the 12mm glass thickness.

so the thickness of the glass can take about 50L off???