does this log look alright in my tank? any improvments?

jarrodrussell

ok here are some pics of my tank it is a ar620t 130L fish tank (new tank

it has many plants of witch i cant name them all i am getting some plants hopfully monday or tuesday they are coming through the mail from trade me i bought 6 rotala stems 6 ludwigia arcutua stems 10 star grass stems and 3 large crypts i recently paied off my fish tank crack repair so i have $80 left for more plants anmy ideas?

side veiw of the log

P1050144.jpg

front veiw

P1050143.jpg

full tank shot

P1050142.jpg

thought i might chuck in a few other pics of my fish

P1050152.jpg

P1050150.jpg

P1050149.jpg

P1050153.jpgP1050148.jpg

Tiger lotus would look good in the middle and toward the rear wall of the tank.

I would put the stricta in a 'C'ish shape toward the LHS of the tank starting at the front and going to the rear-centre meeting the tiger lotus.

That leaves you lots of room on the RHS for your cories to play in. A sand pit perhaps?

I like the mix of gravel you have in there.

Tiger lotus would look good in the middle and toward the rear wall of the tank.

I would put the stricta in a 'C'ish shape toward the LHS of the tank starting at the front and going to the rear-centre meeting the tiger lotus.

That leaves you lots of room on the RHS for your cories to play in. A sand pit perhaps?

I like the mix of gravel you have in there.

yeah i was thinking tiger lotus but in the right rear of the tank a sort of over hanging the other plants but tomorrow i htink ill just stock up on things like hair grass red tiger lotus zelandia

but not sure yet ill see when i get their but i am def looking out for the tiger lotus

oh and about the gravel i thought in the wild it wouldnt be all one colour :bounce:

and thanks for the info i will def make some changes the star grass will hopfully carpet most of the for ground

Sweet! I like the angels with the pandas but didn't have the balls to try it.

:o really? myn are perfictly fine together havent had any problems at all but the corys do have alot of shelter from the plants and all i love corys they have such great charactor and angles are always their when you dont wont them to be they love chasing the co2 bubbles :D and always wonting a feed

haha yeah thats true when i first got them i had them with discus at 30 degress! but since then sold them as they need to much i got angles and lowerd the temp i might put it up to 27 so its middle for both of them but not sure yet just wont some more plants im going on a shopping spree at hollywood fish farm tomorrow :D after the anzac parades woo! ill update with more pics tomorrow

and zayne no thats not a meal worm but it looks like on now that you have mentiond it haha good eye

I think your log will eventually be completely covered by the java moss if thats your plan :) I recommend looking for those rare pieces of wood that are odd shaped, they add alot of interest to a tank by them selves, or become great bases to grow plants on!

Star grass is quite hard to carpet, it needs alot of bright lights for it to happen, as well, I find that often it needs to be replanted when it's tips block light getting to the bottom stems. Replanting very healthy stems also seem to grow faster than leaving old snipped stems behind to regrow back.

Love your stripped angel btw!

Tanks looking very nice,one thing I would do,is put a background on it.That will relax the fish a little,and improve the overall appearance.I use dark(charcoal,black)card,it highlights the colours in the tank,and gives a greater depth of field.

some new lay outs moved a log around and made space for my new 28 plants coming in the next few days

gonna have the stem plants around the back area and crypts swords and star grass near the from also got a veilw tail german blue ram 2 morelots of zelandia and 1 red tiger lotus witch im very proud of tiger lotus is fertilised with jbl woot balls and so will the crypts and swords

some pics

P1050176.jpg

P1050180.jpg

P1050151.jpg/i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j340/jarrodrussell/P1050172.jpg

P1050150.jpg

P1050153.jpg

also getting these plants soon

Cryptocoryne Wendtii green x 3

10 stems - star grass, will post

6 x Ludwigia Arcuata stems

6 x Rotala Macrandra stems

and 3 med chain swords

just waiting on the mail :D

let me know what you think and any improvments?