April 22, 201115 yr comment_430697 I’m going to be upgrading my filters. My tank currently has two Ehiem 2213 filters and although they seem to be working ok I want to change to a single filter with a bigger water turnover. As with a lot of people at the moment I’m a bit short on money and the Aqua One Aquis CF2400 sounds like it’s an ok filter for a very good price. My questions are 1) Does what I’ve suggested sound like a good idea? 2) Are the Aqua One Aquis CF2400 quiet compared to an Ehiem? The Ehiems I have are very silent so long as there’s no air trapped in them. 3) Can anyone tell me how much power they use? I’ve tried to Google but I can’t seem to find anything other than that they are economical. My tank is just a standard 4ft (1220mm X 450mm X 450mm) Inhabitants are 3 Chocolate Talking Catfish (1 adult and two younger ones) 8 small Angel fish 4 BN’s 10 Black Neon Tetras 3 Julii Corys Thanks Report
April 22, 201115 yr comment_430700 hi i think you will find that they are stated at using 62Watt which is quite a bit IMO Report
April 22, 201115 yr comment_430706 This model has just been replaced with the 2700; more turnover and better media I think. Organism has them for the same price that the 2400 was, so might pay to wait til your local gets them in. Report
April 22, 201115 yr comment_430725 hi i think you will find that they are stated at using 62Watt which is quite a bit IMO I think that's the max draw, probably would only draw that when clogged up. But anyway filters like the 404 are rated at 50watts and they flow half the volume. Say you get a filter that uses 25 watts less that's only saving you $4/month. That's nothing. Report
April 22, 201115 yr comment_430726 I think that's the max draw, probably would only draw that when clogged up. But anyway filters like the 404 are rated at 50watts and they flow half the volume. Say you get a filter that uses 25 watts less that's only saving you $4/month. That's nothing. think it all adds up when you are running say 4+ big externals are the 404s really that bad? as my 405 is raterd as only using 20watts Report
April 22, 201115 yr comment_430728 think it all adds up when you are running say 4+ big externals are the 404s really that bad? as my 405 is raterd as only using 20watts Pretty sure it said 50 watts on the top of my 404s. And it all adds up if you're using 4+big externals...But still a fraction of the cost of heating, lighting, feeding, etc. Report
April 22, 201115 yr comment_430731 true but filters are pretty much one of the things that are on 24/7 365 days of the year so anywhere you can save is a good thing 8) Report
April 23, 201115 yr comment_430746 My 2260 eheim uses 50watts for 2280ltrs with an 18 ltr volume, just bought off trade me for $210 :happy2: Theres what looks like a 2250 on trade me for $295 no reserve. I'm not sure your angels will like such a high flow filter though. Report
April 23, 201115 yr comment_430747 lol i was looking at that 2260 but the shipping to chch was a killer was going to run 1x 2260 and a 2262 on my 6 footer on the ehiem site it says the 2260 is rated at 65Watts and 2400lph and the 2262 is 80Watts! and 3400lph Report
April 23, 201115 yr comment_430775 my cf1200 is rated at 35w but the powermeter puts it at 24w draw. Report
April 23, 201115 yr Author comment_430820 Hey thanks guys im going to go with the Aqua One Nautilus Canister filter CF2700, according to what I've been reading there very good filters and they only use 23watts :happy2: Report
April 23, 201115 yr comment_430821 That's pretty good bang for buck My only concern would be that it is a new filter so not as tried and true as the other designs but they are still variations on a theme so should be all good, aqua one isn't a bad brand either. Report
April 23, 201115 yr comment_430824 the media that came with the aquis 2400 was pretty crap, I ended up buying my own. Also design flaw is that its pretty hard to take the lid off, seriously how hard would it be for the asians to think of putting some kind of handle on the top. Report
April 24, 201115 yr comment_431057 I'm not sure why you want to change from 2 good quality filters to a single cheap filter? There are many reasons 2 are better then one, more filtration, redundancy, option to move filter to another tank, you can give one filter a good clean with out needing to worry about crashing the tank, and I'm sure many more reasons. Report
April 24, 201115 yr comment_431061 That's pretty good bang for buck My only concern would be that it is a new filter so not as tried and true as the other designs but they are still variations on a theme so should be all good, aqua one isn't a bad brand either. +1 they never seem to come with enough media though Report
April 24, 201115 yr Author comment_431070 I'm not sure why you want to change from 2 good quality filters to a single cheap filter? There are many reasons 2 are better then one, more filtration, redundancy, option to move filter to another tank, you can give one filter a good clean with out needing to worry about crashing the tank, and I'm sure many more reasons. Becasue the eheim 2213 only pumps 440L an hour so thats 880L having two and on a 250L tank, so there is only 4x water turnover (if they are still pumping at there max, im not sure if they are). Plus I am planing on getting some smaller tanks for breeding (thinking cory's) and I can use the eheims on these. At lest thats what I was thinking :-? Report
April 24, 201115 yr comment_431112 Becasue the eheim 2213 only pumps 440L an hour so thats 880L having two and on a 250L tank, so there is only 4x water turnover (if they are still pumping at there max, im not sure if they are). Plus I am planing on getting some smaller tanks for breeding (thinking cory's) and I can use the eheims on these. At lest thats what I was thinking :-? The LPH rating is popular at the moment but only tells a small part of the story when it come to filters, particularly when you consider the higher quality ehiems will probably keep pumping under load where as the cheaper pumps tend to loose pressure far more quickly. Really we should all be measuring filter capacity by of volume and quality of media, the tank turn over doesn't really matter so long as it's not stupidly low and the filters turn over is enough for the media volume. Breeding tanks a often better with small filters, air powered ones are ideal, canister filters tend to suck up fry. Report
May 29, 201115 yr comment_437018 hi, guys, I intend to get a filter as well. I am targetting two brands at same time. Atman uf 2400 and Aqua one cf 2400. I know we are talking about the best one here not the cheapest but according to my affordablity, I have to stay away from fansy ones such as fluvelx5. now I am quite hesitant between two brands, both of Atman uf 2400 and Aqua One cf 2400 are reaching my requirement in flow rate and volumm but.... Atman has a built-in UV lamp which Aqua One does not.... of course, Aqua One seems a more economic and popular brand what is the big deal of having a UV facilities, Can I rather not have it. :facepalm: Report
May 29, 201115 yr comment_437019 they are pretty much the same filter just a different colour/brand the aqua1 cf2400 comes in a uv model as well Report
May 31, 201115 yr comment_437528 Most of the UV units in cannister filters are very underpowered - not enough watts for the flow - and are probably a waste of money. Report
May 31, 201115 yr Author comment_437529 Most of the UV units in cannister filters are very underpowered - not enough watts for the flow - and are probably a waste of money. I read this quiet a bit while doing my research into a new filter. Decided if I wanted a uv I would just get a separate one. I Found out I need to move soon so I'm curently down sizing and no longer need the filter , I did end up planing to get a Aqua One Nautilus 2700. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.