Leopard gecko shedding problem

livingart

i cut back on feeding my two geckos recently, then i had one go all pale for a couple of days (id never seen this before). gave it a decent feed of crickets, dampened the sphagnum moss (moist hide) and he was back to nice vibrant colours the next day. so i assume hes shed.

amazing how much a little gacko can eat

Is it feeding well? I feed meal worms with occasional wax moth grubs and all were doing well, but recently one stopped eating mealworms, so ok I made sure it would get more wax moth grubs but then it refused them as well. It would sniff them and the meal worms then walk away. It seemed to have trouble shedding, usually the head so I have taken to giving it a dab of that liquid calcium once a week to make sure it is getting enough. I am now feeding if crickets which is all it will eat at the moment, hope it doesnt go off them. It loves hunting them, a real nuiscince as I dont breed them. Have not had any bone problems with any of mine. Maybe you could try some of the liquid calcium to help with the bone worries.

How old is the leo? I have had one or two leo's in the past that battled a bit with shedding but it did improve with age. Is the leo going through a major growth spurt at the moment that could warrant the double shed? There should be a moist hide in with leo's at all times.