Updated today - 8 May

Adrienne

I've been asked to post some pictures of some of my babies. These males and females are nearly 3 months old.

males

5-2.jpg

004.jpg

7.jpg

009.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

females

001.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

Knowing the experience of some of you I will be interested in the feedback :lol:

I've also taken some pics of my big tank with my new camera so will check them out and maybe post them in the freshwater section.

pic 6 looks looks like an extreme rosetail. He shows the extreme heavy branching, uneven scaling and uber small caudal typical of x factors. personally I dont like the look of the x factor RTs. pic 4 also shows quite heavy branching but not as bad.

http://www.bettaterritory.nl/BT-AABRosetails.htm

Girl 2 is my all time favourite , boy 2 comes in close behind :love: she has a strong body and nice dragon scaling and colours let me know if you sell her :wink::bow:

I've paired this female with this boy who is 8 months old and totally unrelated

6-1.jpg

maledragon.jpg

They spawned today so hopefully the eggs are fertile and will hatch in a decent sort of number. She is very young but I didn't want to wait too long because of his age.

pic 6 looks looks like an extreme rosetail. He shows the extreme heavy branching, uneven scaling and uber small caudal typical of x factors. personally I dont like the look of the x factor RTs. pic 4 also shows quite heavy branching but not as bad.

http://www.bettaterritory.nl/BT-AABRosetails.htm

Girl 2 is my all time favourite , boy 2 comes in close behind :love: she has a strong body and nice dragon scaling and colours let me know if you sell her :wink::bow:

Thank you so much for the link. Thats the sort of info I was hoping to get out of posting the pictures. I was a bit stunned when I saw him and it appears that quite a few more from this dragon spawn are going to follow suit. The randomness that comes from breeding fighters in NZ has certainly come out in this particular spawn (different to the spawn that has produced the red and silver, red and green dragons) as I also appear to have the odd double tail popping up again. :roll:

Yes, I've been hanging out hoping that the big males (imports) wouldn't die off before this lot of young got old enough to breed from. I've lost a couple of the mature males (imports) in the last couple of days and all my females from the original spawn (the females are the mothers of the girls I am using) that I bred.

Thank you so much for the link. Thats the sort of info I was hoping to get out of posting the pictures. I was a bit stunned when I saw him and it appears that quite a few more from this dragon spawn are going to follow suit. The randomness that comes from breeding fighters in NZ has certainly come out in this particular spawn (different to the spawn that has produced the red and silver, red and green dragons) as I also appear to have the odd double tail popping up again

Who were the parents of that spawn? x factors are the result of crossing two fish with heavy branching.

NZs low genetic diversity screws us up :nilly:

I think I've read somewhere that dragon is related to copper somehow and its possible to get dragon back in F2 when a dragon is crossed with a copper (dont quote me on this though :oops: ). If its true it may help to introduce new blood into your dragon line

The parents of this spawn were siblings. Their parents were a green and red dragon delta tail, very similar to Katrina Hughes avatar and a red halfmoon who I bred from a male and female purchased from two other fighter breeders here in NZ. I think this is where the dt came in as another spawn from fish from these fighter breeders produced a few dt.

All I can think of is that somewhere plakat has been crossed with hm to get stronger rays.

I have at least 4-5 males with the short rosetails.