Can oranda survive winter in Wellington pond?

NewKiwi1

Hello. I have recently acquired a small oranda and am finding varying advice on the internet about the temperature range orandas can withstand. For now she seems happy in a pond with larger goldfish and has had no trouble feeding but I worry she will have trouble re-adapting to "group living" with her bigger faster friends if I put her in an aquarium for the winter and then back in the pond. Advice welcome, particularly from people with orandas in ponds in the same temperature zone as Wellington. Thank you.

I did not comment on this as a) I do not live in Wgtn and b) I don't have orandas :-?

Orandas apparently have a lower tolerance for pollution and cannot tolerate temperatures much below 16° C so I guess that answers the outside in winter question.

I suspect you may have more problems, once the fish is bigger, in putting her in a tank after a summer in a pond, rather than trouble putting it back in the pond.