Southern Encounter Giant Kokopu

fishfreak

Hey guys, as many of you may already know southern encounter aquarium is releasing what fish we can but we have a couple of Giant Kokopu that we cant really release in this area and need to find a home asap. This really needs to be a local fishkeeper for now. We dont believe we will have access to the facility for much longer.

if you get stuck we could possibly take them at the huge new native aquarium at the Turangi National Trout Centre. Going from facility to facility would probably make it easier getting permits, and we may be able to sort that side of things. We could take them immediately as things are up and running.

I wish I could help out more!! :tears:

Attempting to contact dave but with cells the way they are its slow going, i believe the 2 we had on display are bred in captivity so infact purchased rather than captive caught so may not require permits. I very much doubt we could send anything from christchurch right now as all our bagging, bins and air tanks are trapped underground and i doubt couriers are even operating but im uncertain of this. If you guys pm me your numbers ill pass them on to dave, hes like a one man army atm trying to save whatever he can.