Fay's Reef Tank

Fay

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I love my Leds best thing since sliced bread. I am in a different situation to most because of the size of the tank and the budget I was limited to what I could afford but as it turned out after much research I got very good lights!!

I was having trouble with 10 x 250watt metal halides over the tank causing extreme heat, all last winter the heating didn't come on and the chiller ran much of the day.

The purchase of the Led lighting has turned the problems with heat over the tank around now the chiller hardly comes on. I have had them for two months now and the coral growth and colour is still good, the viewing is much more pleasant and the fish love the sunrise - sunset affect all done by the control boxes.

The other plus is it is going to save a fortune in electricity and the annual change of 10 metal halide bulbs and 8 artinic bulbs every 9 months!!!!!

If anyone wants some metal halide lights I have some forsale :slfg:

The control boxes for the lights were hard to get to so Frog made some sliding shelves and a smaller one for the pump controllers

IMG_0085Medium.jpg

IMG_0084Medium.jpg

Much better just got to do the other 4 boxes now and learn how to set the pump controllers to work off one master, I had the holder style and did an upgrade.

That tank has changed alot since i last saw it, great coraline growth Fay, very healthy all round - congrats.

Thanks pp sorry... I got another tang 'Chevron' I know you will be rolling your eyes!! I just gotta keep away from the shops can't help myself.

See you noticed the back wall photo :wave:

Wow the zoas are amazing :hail: !drool: I don't know why but I seem to have a fascination with zoas :dunno: Maybe because they look cool, sort of like paecock feathers when the polyps are open?

I really want a reef tank, but the equipment is just far too expensive :(