What is the best brand/type of multiboards availible?

Joe

Hi guys,

I just went to Mitre 10 Mega to look at multiboards, and they had some pretty cool ones there. I want something that has at least six plugs, and a switch for each plug, and is surged/overload protected. They had some there that matched that description, and these were about $30 each which is quite good. But are there any particular ones that anyone swears by, and that are much better than others?

Thanks,

Joe

I don't know what ones are good, but the cheap warehouse ones are bad.. I removed one from my fishroom that was bent and twisted and half melted.. I now regularly check them all to make sure they aren't going to cause issues, apparently multiboards cause alot of household fires so choose a good one.

Hi guys,

I just went to Mitre 10 Mega to look at multiboards, and they had some pretty cool ones there. I want something that has at least six plugs, and a switch for each plug, and is surged/overload protected. They had some there that matched that description, and these were about $30 each which is quite good. But are there any particular ones that anyone swears by, and that are much better than others?

Thanks,

Joe

Anything but the cheapest dirtiest ones should be fine. I like the big 6 plug switched ones.

Surge protected boards are a waste of money, the surge protection in them doesn't last and very few people have any equipment in their tank that would be bothered by a surge.

i like these ones the have wide spacing so can fit multiple timers or plugs with transformers built in

they are cheaper at bunnings than dick smith though

+1, the HPM ones are the ones this sparky uses

Anything but the cheapest dirtiest ones should be fine. I like the big 6 plug switched ones.

Surge protected boards are a waste of money, the surge protection in them doesn't last and very few people have any equipment in their tank that would be bothered by a surge.

And I strongly agree with this, Surge protection for fish tank equipment waste of time.

Thanks heaps guys.

It's practically impossible to get a multiboard that isn't surge protected. Only some the really crappy cheap ones aren't surge protected. I'll just get whatever looks good and sounds good on the packaging, and avoid the cheap ones :D

Thanks heaps guys.

It's practically impossible to get a multiboard that isn't surge protected. Only some the really crappy cheap ones aren't surge protected. I'll just get whatever looks good and sounds good on the packaging, and avoid the cheap ones :D

Most aren't surge protected. Don't confuse circuit breakers with surge protectors.:)