Central Fish Keepers Jan 2011 Meeting

phoenix44

This months meeting will be a surprise BBQ! The day is the same - last Sunday of the month; that is the 30th of this month.

Bring some meat / sausages / bread and some drink and we can kick back and have a good time.

We will start the heat just after 12.00 noon. Coleslaw and potato salad will be provided; if you would like any other nibbles or salads feel free to bring some along.

We normally have meetings at 1pm, so those of you travelling from Wellington, Wanganui etc. can still come at the normal time of 1pm if that suits you better! :D

Feel free to bring new members or even those who might want to join and get to know us and what we are about!

PM sandysme or me for details of the location.

See you all then!

RE: BARBEQUE/FISHCLUB MEETING

(all the stuff in italics is my input).

Apologies: Simon

Present: Sandra, Aakash, Scottie,Tania, Stuart, Andrew , Anne-Marie, Shanika, Bubba and Brandon

Pic_0130_343.jpg

On Sunday, 30th January, the Central Fishkeepers members attended a BBQ at Sandras house. The day was a little windy, thanks to Cyclone Wilma (should be named Cyclone Aakash (AKA Kash)).

Pic_0130_359.jpg

There was talk (mainly the men) about the swimming pool being used as a great new cory breeding venture. After Kash’s car alarm had gone off a few times (deliberately by children) (nothing to do with the Maoris out the front), we feasted on Sandra's lovely cooking as Kash observed... very helpful input there... :o .. invaluable even. We debated the afternoon away, which was easy to do with Kash and Scotty. Such subjects as jaundice, strippers (not paint strippers), breeding and how not to breed. PM Scotty on details on “How not to Breed”.

Pic_0130_358.jpg p44 then had this idea that he is only 22 years old, so with all the calculations we figured out that he is 23,turning 24 this September...Well all of us except Kash. He still believes he is 22! (Can you believe he works in a bank that I will not name, COUGH COUGH)

Pic_0130_351.jpg

I feel very ripped off. An entire year snatched away in 2 seconds :tears:

--> I'll have you know that I might not be able to remember my age but I have no problems analysing and manipulating the most complicated financial data and solving financial calculations. :nilly:

No plans for the next meeting, so will be held at the Highbury Whanua Centre as usual. Any ideas welcome!!! Until next time, take care and See Ya!!!

Pic_0130_355.jpg

A BIG thankyou to Sandra for being such a Great Host and Chef, and everyone for bringing food.

PS: Thanks Tania and Scottie for travelling to share the fun with us all and for the free beer (New World came through and replaced the whole box, so BIG “UPS” to them....)

meme_055.jpg

Pic_0130_346.jpg

Pic_0130_349.jpg

Thanks Anne-Marie for the write up!

Also, I just noticed no one brought me tim tams. :tears:

Looks like i'll have to carry my own from now on :lol: