Rift Lake Wishlist

Likoma

Gidday everybody,

I am in the process of setting up a 400litre for rift lake cichlids. It will have a partitioned filter system with the return being a reverse undergravel flow tubular system. The plans are for a 2nd 1000litre tank within 3 months. Having dived most parts of Malawi and visited Stuart Grants Chiofe facilities, setting up this tank means a lot to me. Will hopefully begin stocking the tank in the middle of March. The wish list features

Frontosa`s, Zaire Blue

C. Moorii

P.Fenestratus

P. Steveni Taiwan

Tropheus sp Black Pemba

A.Jacobreigergi

O. Lithobates

C. Azureus

P.Electra

P.Demasoni

Please contact me if you have any of these species up for grabs in the next few months as I would love to get in contact and hash out a plan. Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Greg

Nice list :) The fronts would love to eat the demasoni and may go for a few of the smaller fishes females as well..

I am very jealous of you diving in the lake and visiting Stuart Grants old businesses, it is a dream for me to do one day :) I have seen some amazing footage, do you have any pics from your trips?

P.Fenestratus are not in the country atm they are on the allowed list though so it is only a matter of time before someone imports them..

The larger haps and Tangs would eventually be moved into the 1000litre tank. Malawi is amazing, great people and scenery. The colour variance of species from one area to the next is interesting. No photos i am afraid. As with a lot of African adventures some of my gear met with sticky fingers.

Nice list :)

P.Fenestratus are not in the country atm they are on the allowed list though so it is only a matter of time before someone imports them..

Hopefully they bring in Spilonotus while their at it. A nice 'Royal' would be a welcome addition to my tank for sure

Nice mix Likoma- do you plan stocking them as juvies

Hopefully they bring in Spilonotus while their at it. A nice 'Royal' would be a welcome addition to my tank for sure

Nice mix Likoma- do you plan stocking them as juvies

Unfortunately Protomelas fenestratus is the only allowed Protomelas species on the list.. Mind you empreses and taiwan reefs aren't on the list and they both got imported so you never know what will come in, spilonotus is a nice fish as well.