Transporting a large fish tank

fishgirl53

Can anyone help me please I am looking at buying a large glass fish tank 1.500x50x69 It will be coming from the north Island to the South Island the trucking company I am looking at does deal in fragile merchandise what would be the best way to pack the tank any help appreciated thank you Joy

Can anyone help me please I am looking at buying a large glass fish tank 1.500x50x69 It will be coming from the north Island to the South Island the trucking company I am looking at does deal in fragile merchandise what would be the best way to pack the tank any help appreciated thank you Joy

I'd ask the company's advice to begin with, if they deal in fragile merchandise they'll probably have a preferred way. And if it does get broken it might be easier to get them to pay out if it was packed according to their directions.

I moved 40 odd tanks from Bulls to Auckland using NZ van lines, all the tanks were wrapped in bubble wrap, I had 4-5 break which were insured so it was all good. I moved 25odd from Auckland to Bulls and didn't loose any (one got chipped) so it is just the luck of the draw.

The tank size you are looking at is a fairly standard and easy to source tank I would question the merit of paying for transport/insurance when it may just be cheaper to order one somewhere locally and drive and get it yourself with a trailer and some poly..

All the ones I have looked in the South Island I don't want I really like the look of the tank in the North Island and I think it is a good buy $1,500 plus $350.00 for shipping it has a lot of equipment and I have seen it new for $1,000 more just the tank The trucking company I am looking at deals in fragile equipment they have put me at ease on their end they will wrap it in a blanket and tie it with straps to the inside of the truck as well as the seller is going to put polystyrne and bubble wrap do you think something should be put inside the tank? thank you so far for all your help I appreciate it Joy