Facebook groups/pages etc.... help!

Stella

I am wanting to set up a thing on Facebook for NZ native fish enthusiasts to share photos, trips etc etc, like the New Zealand Carnivorous Plants one.

That one seems to be a 'group' so I set one up. However people seem to need to ask to join my group, which I as admin needed to approve. And it seems with a group you can't have group albums etc etc.

So I set up a 'page'. OK, now we have albums and stuff, but I can only post as group owner (not me) and my posts go to member's walls, but other people's posts won't go to my wall.

Maybe a group is what I want? Then when anyone posts something new it goes to everyone's wall, which I like the idea of.

Argh I am lost!

Can anyone advise?

That one seems to be a 'group' so I set one up. However people seem to need to ask to join my group, which I as admin needed to approve. And it seems with a group you can't have group albums etc etc.

So I set up a 'page'. OK, now we have albums and stuff, but I can only post as group owner (not me) and my posts go to member's walls, but other people's posts won't go to my wall.

not sure.. but maybe you need to logout and then back in as you and ask to join your own group.. then you should be able to post as you and other peoples posts will go on your own homepage as well since you are now part of the group.

Stella, if you want to run a 'proper' web page/site with a wiki/albums/etc I'm happy to provide space on a server and a domain (or subdomain)...

Yes I know that all you youth like facebook :facepalm:

lol - I'm not youth but i like the convenience of facebook. Can check in with all my friends/groups in one go.

Stella, if you want to run a 'proper' web page/site with a wiki/albums/etc I'm happy to provide space on a server and a domain (or subdomain)...

Wooo, someone thinks I am a youth! :happy1:

I would like to have a proper web page/site about my book, though I have no idea about how to create one. Would be handy to have something to direct people to.

Facebook is a handy (if annoying) platform for all us 'yoofs' that use it ;)

Wooo, someone thinks I am a youth! :happy1:

Bachelor of Arts: History (1998-2001) - makes you a good 5 years younger than me. 30 this year?

I would like to have a proper web page/site about my book, though I have no idea about how to create one. Would be handy to have something to direct people to.

Commercial use... I'd have to charge :wink:

Could knock something up in an hour or so as it wouldn't need anything flash

Facebook is a handy (if annoying) platform for all us 'yoofs' that use it ;)

:)

I'm 13 and I can't be stuffed with facebook :lol: A lot my classmates at school seem to have facebook accounts. I really don't know why - surely they have better things to do than post immature photographs of people dreesed up at halloween and random stuff like that :-?

I am wanting to set up a thing on Facebook for NZ native fish enthusiasts to share photos, trips etc etc, like the New Zealand Carnivorous Plants one.

Maybe a group is what I want? Then when anyone posts something new it goes to everyone's wall, which I like the idea of.

Argh I am lost!

Can anyone advise?

Maybe message simon as to how he did it with the central fishkeepers site on facebook..