Amazon Sword Care? Pruning?

Brennos

Hey all, i have this plant, and it's getting too big. It has shot off a couple of runners with new plants which I have trimmed one off and added to another tank :D But I need to do something soon about the massive leaves that are going to stop my light getting to the other plants. Any help/tips on how to prune this, and does anyone want some cuttings/babies?

Oh and p44, any suggestions as to what plant I can replace the repens with, its looking a bit tatty, and doesnt really suit my green theme :D

PICS:

5gr5oloz.jpg

efovhb3r.jpg

Oh and to the left is the java fern I have for sale. Tank is a AR620t for size comparison.

Thanks p44. Ill look into it in the new year I assume somewhere like HFF would ahve it? I'll give em a call on the 3rd and find out anyhow. Cheers.

As far as the sword goes, I don't know, Ill prune off some of the larger leaves, and see how it goes. if I have to prune 3-4 leaves every 3 months (current growth rate) ill be happy.

Oh and since I'm throwing my opinion about - :nilly: Your tank is screaming out for marble hatchets. :happy2:

your opinion is both welcomed and valued. I haven't really thought of any new fish recently. Currently there are 2 discus, about 6cm and 8cm, 1 electric blue ram (the other died recntly :( ) 2 large bristlenoses, and 12-13 cardinals. Hatchets do look pretty cool though... In an out of proportion kinda way.