LCD / LED TV deals

phoenix44

• 2 weeks later...

Good TV - I've got one of these too. The Sony has a more natural picture with normal settings - ie; pictures of trees and grass look more natural. The Samsung on normal settings tends to overblow the colours somewhat on nature but looks amazing overall. However, after messing with the settings for a while it looks pretty good on nature shots now and the contrast is still much better than the Sony overall. The sound is rubbish though - only ok if you put your sound through home theater.

Yeah it's a very good TV - I'm just used to 4 x 18" subs (well, 2 x dual isobaric 4th order bandpass) with amazing response down to 15Hz so I wasn't too impressed by the bass from the TV. Given the bass driver is only about 100mm in diameter and less than 10mm thick, the TV does pretty well - at least it's sound is fairly clear...

I went to Harvey Norman where they had most of the major brands of each size stacked close together connected to the same signal. The Samsung stood out significantly above the rest in colour and contrast - I like the glossy surface finish as well as it seems to give the picture extra depth.