Santa came early for me

mcrudd

tank-1.jpg

Santa got me a new tank layout and some fishies. I got 10 more Harlequins, 6 otto's and 8 rummy noses. :happy2:

I know many of you don't like plastic plants, but I just love these. I got all my ideas from Hollywood fishfarm in Albany. :love:

I would also like to thank their staff for all their advice and help, especially Stue that helped me :happy1:

a close up of the rummynoses and some of the harlequins, the bigger ones are mine I allready had :wink:

The rummynoses noses are nice and bright red, I was worried after the long trip they were barely even coloured, but after a while in the tank they started to colour up nicely :)

022.jpg

edited to add the hollywoods employee's name that helped me. Thanks so much Stue :P

Lucky you! I am sure you will be spending lots of time enjoying them. The fish look great in those big groups and seem to be very good quality! :D:hail:

I love spending time infront of my tank. I would like to get more of the rummynoses, I have 15 Harlequins now and would like to have the same amount of rummynoses so the two schools will split more obviously :wink:

Looks interesting ;)

What is the dark/black substrate?

Santa is paying me a visit on Sunday hopefully :happy2:

http://www.petstuff101.co.nz/Product.aspx?ID=123

Its midnight gravel, I just love it. I hope Santa visits you too, it just makes a persons day if he comes early :)

I'll tell you what. Depending on what I grow, I'll send you some plants when I have some cuttings so you can try your hand at some real plants! :D

That is a great offer, but I am no good at caring for plants outside the aquarium, not sure if I will be any good with ones in the water, Our backyard consists of grass and lots of fruit trees, not one flower :o LOL

wow a new tank . Congrats. Your santa is great!

We are off to HFF this morning to finally get another spiney eel. My girl has been so patient waiting for new ones to come in. On her eel tank she has a picture of an eel with a message of "coming soon..."

..update .. just got back and we have our spiney eel. He is really pretty. HFF haven't seen one like this before, he has yellow stripes plus yellow ringed spots. At first glance he looks like a peacock, but it's something new. There are 4 more in the tank if anyone else is interested. very nice eels!

wow a new tank . Congrats. Your santa is great!

We are off to HFF this morning to finally get another spiney eel. My girl has been so patient waiting for new ones to come in. On her eel tank she has a picture of an eel with a message of "coming soon..."

..update .. just got back and we have our spiney eel. He is really pretty. HFF haven't seen one like this before, he has yellow stripes plus yellow ringed spots. At first glance he looks like a peacock, but it's something new. There are 4 more in the tank if anyone else is interested. very nice eels!

awww so happy for you and your daughter :happy2: Lets hope this one is not another Houdini escape artist :o all the best for you with your brand new aqua child :wink:

You must post a pic of your cute little guy, you can post it here since santa came early for you too :happy1:

awww so happy for you and your daughter :happy2: Lets hope this one is not another Houdini escape artist :o all the best for you with your brand new aqua child :wink:

You must post a pic of your cute little guy, you can post it here since santa came early for you too :happy1:

I will certainly post a pic once he is out and about and happy in his new home. Right now he just has his head poking out from under the driftwood. poor guy has had to have two new environment changes this week.