check this 1400 litre tank out

cliffy

you guys are scaring the crap out of me. Is it the length or the height that's the problem? I've got 10mm glass that's 1520 long and 630 high on the front and back. The calc says it's safe but now I'm not sure... I'm hoping it's the length that's the killer.

Oh, but I've just noticed the tank in question is 900 not 600 high, it's the one in the link that was 600 high but 2.4 long that went...

yours has a safety factor over two, your fine.

And another thread with a tank with a much higher safety factor going and having enough force to smash other tanks across the room..

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41820

Hey Ryanjury I dont think i can back out now..think i have to go ALL IN for this one :oops:

i was think about the long term wear n tear of the silcone.. thinking of wacking on some flat angle bar for the corner of the tank, that could prevent the front panel to go flying off the room..

"come you guy with big tank.. I really wanted to know what you all think about this big tank making.. :bounce: :bounce:

hey if we read what Barrie say: "If you decide to ignore my advise and use it, it must be glued with non acidic silicone (neutral)" there for its allgood?

:bounce: :bounce:

Firstly I am not expert in this, my advice would be to PM barrie (but you have already had his advice via that thread so that might not get anyway)

Even if you used non acidic silicone the fact that the glass is going to be weak. Barrie suggested that with 2 3mm pieces laminated together it is only as strong as 1 3mm piece of glass, how thick are the pieces in your glass? I guess you would need to plug that into the calculator to work out your safety factor. Bracing is all well and good but it is smack bang in the middle of the front/rear pieces you need to brace so it is hard to do. An external frame might work but it would have to go right through the middle of the tank, and you would have to make it very well so it was supporting the tank but not interfering with the tank otherwise it would create pressure points, it would also be hard to make it look nice if it was for a display tank.

Probably my personal opinion would be it is too dodgy in laminated glass just from what I have read here, but I have also met people with laminated glass tanks most have been smaller though.

Any idea of a profesional mover that'd move a tank that big? I got one that need to be moved, provided I find a mover. Any recomendation? plz :)

how much you willing to to move it around?

i got my delivery by 5 big guys..

it not really heavy if they got the right tool..