NCEA internal results deadline.. anybody know the date

BikBok

Hope somebody can answer me.

I was just checking my sons learners record on the NZQA website and noticed that a standard that he sat AND passed had been entered as "SNA" - standard not attempted.

That's inaccurate .. he DID sit the internal exam and earned 4 credits for it.

I've emailed the school but there's nothing more I can do till after the weekend when I will try and get through by phone. I just hope it's not too late to get the result changed.

If anybody knows the answer.. that would give me some peace of mind over the weekend! (hopefully!)

Yeah I know that results aren't always entered quickly .. but at this time of year they should be nearing the deadline I would think.. schools all but over for seniors. (just the external exams) and a result HAS been entered - it's just incorrect ! should be "A" not "SNA"

I would wait over the weekend, if nothing has been changed contact the school and request for them to sort it out. Also ask what mark your son has received according to their database. It could be a typo, or a slack teacher. I wont worry too much about it, it can be changed. I believe the deadline would be nearing January, when the results are sent to the school so they can sort out potential time tables and all that good jazz for the students.

All I have to say about this is:

NZQA/NCEA sucks.

So many problems, flaws and loopholes.

How is it that a german student can gain an excellence endorsement by opting to take german as a correspondence course?

How is it that students can pay people to do assignments and effectively pay their ways to an endorsement.

Why is it that extra-curricular activities such as working at McDonalds, ATV driving and other education irrelevant activities can get you credits.

Bit off topic but yeah.... I wouldn't worry about it, unless your son is relying on these 4 credits to pass :o

And as above, there are plenty of ways to get your way to seeming much smarter than you really are...

All I have to say about this is:

NZQA/NCEA sucks.

How is it that a german student can gain an excellence endorsement by opting to take german as a correspondence course?

How is it that students can pay people to do assignments and effectively pay their ways to an endorsement.

Why is it that extra-curricular activities such as working at McDonalds, ATV driving and other education irrelevant activities can get you credits.

Bit off topic but yeah.... I wouldn't worry about it, unless your son is relying on these 4 credits to pass :o

And as above, there are plenty of ways to get your way to seeming much smarter than you really are...

Hate to say it but before NCEA all the same things happened and nothing could be done about it then. Nothing stopping you studying English in Thailand if you want to though.

agreed - but can't do much about it!

I don't like the specific way in which the English questions have to be answered either. The English externals are just crazy and are not a good indication of understanding at all... IMO of course! if you have to explain why/how you understand something then it loses the point altogether.. you either get something or you don't in literature.. trying to explain it in technical terms, takes away the emotional response.

anyway I'm sure he will pass his NCEA but may need those particular credits for a course next year.

OK - advice from a secondary teacher -

It's not to late. You need to clarify with the teacher that there is an issue and the record is wrong. The teacher has the power/right to correct the record but get on to it now.

What happens is the teachers give their marks to an admin person at the school and they do data entry for the whole school so there are often mistakes. At my wife's school the teacher confirms the marks after the admin person enters them, there are usually a large number of mistakes, and then the student has to sign off that the record is accurate too.

- so there you go! Good luck :)