Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

NCEA internal results deadline.. anybody know the date

Featured Replies

Hope somebody can answer me.

I was just checking my sons learners record on the NZQA website and noticed that a standard that he sat AND passed had been entered as "SNA" - standard not attempted.

That's inaccurate .. he DID sit the internal exam and earned 4 credits for it.

I've emailed the school but there's nothing more I can do till after the weekend when I will try and get through by phone. I just hope it's not too late to get the result changed.

If anybody knows the answer.. that would give me some peace of mind over the weekend! (hopefully!)

From what I know, schools don't update them instantly. I recall I had one unsubmitted to NZQA for couple of months. Give the school another ring, and try to speak to the head of department.

  • Author

Yeah I know that results aren't always entered quickly .. but at this time of year they should be nearing the deadline I would think.. schools all but over for seniors. (just the external exams) and a result HAS been entered - it's just incorrect ! should be "A" not "SNA"

I would wait over the weekend, if nothing has been changed contact the school and request for them to sort it out. Also ask what mark your son has received according to their database. It could be a typo, or a slack teacher. I wont worry too much about it, it can be changed. I believe the deadline would be nearing January, when the results are sent to the school so they can sort out potential time tables and all that good jazz for the students.

When I received my level one results in jan, i was told I had 95 credits at level one. This years form tells me I have 103. Haven't sat any level one standards this year :o

The school should be able to sort it out. As far as I know its out of your control.

All I have to say about this is:

NZQA/NCEA sucks.

So many problems, flaws and loopholes.

How is it that a german student can gain an excellence endorsement by opting to take german as a correspondence course?

How is it that students can pay people to do assignments and effectively pay their ways to an endorsement.

Why is it that extra-curricular activities such as working at McDonalds, ATV driving and other education irrelevant activities can get you credits.

Bit off topic but yeah.... I wouldn't worry about it, unless your son is relying on these 4 credits to pass :o

And as above, there are plenty of ways to get your way to seeming much smarter than you really are...

All I have to say about this is:

NZQA/NCEA sucks.

So many problems, flaws and loopholes.

How is it that a german student can gain an excellence endorsement by opting to take german as a correspondence course?

How is it that students can pay people to do assignments and effectively pay their ways to an endorsement.

Why is it that extra-curricular activities such as working at McDonalds, ATV driving and other education irrelevant activities can get you credits.

Bit off topic but yeah.... I wouldn't worry about it, unless your son is relying on these 4 credits to pass :o

And as above, there are plenty of ways to get your way to seeming much smarter than you really are...

Hate to say it but before NCEA all the same things happened and nothing could be done about it then. Nothing stopping you studying English in Thailand if you want to though.

  • Author

So many problems, flaws and loopholes.

..

agreed - but can't do much about it!

I don't like the specific way in which the English questions have to be answered either. The English externals are just crazy and are not a good indication of understanding at all... IMO of course! if you have to explain why/how you understand something then it loses the point altogether.. you either get something or you don't in literature.. trying to explain it in technical terms, takes away the emotional response.

anyway I'm sure he will pass his NCEA but may need those particular credits for a course next year.

I have accounting monday afternoon, english tuesday morning. I'm not taking english next year. I need to pass my accounting externals to get my course next year. English you lose :lol:

OK - advice from a secondary teacher -

It's not to late. You need to clarify with the teacher that there is an issue and the record is wrong. The teacher has the power/right to correct the record but get on to it now.

What happens is the teachers give their marks to an admin person at the school and they do data entry for the whole school so there are often mistakes. At my wife's school the teacher confirms the marks after the admin person enters them, there are usually a large number of mistakes, and then the student has to sign off that the record is accurate too.

- so there you go! Good luck :)

  • Author

thanks.. I have contacted the teacher and he said the cuttoff is this coming Thursday 18th.

He entered all the data on Friday but will check my sons entry on Monday. It may show by Monday anyway as the correct "A" .

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.